It is believed that 2 types of industries exist today: those that have changed under the influence of digital technology and those that will change soon. This approach is connected with the fact that spreading the Internet in all spheres has reached such proportions that rules of life were updated, and rules of doing business as well.
A digital marketing strategy has evolved from a fashionable trend to a vital necessity for each promising startup. But not everyone has a clear understanding of what digital marketing is. After all, it is much more than creating a site and a mobile application. An entrepreneur should also distribute information about company products in social networks, use words and visual means that will attract a client, convey a startup’s mission correctly.
Why is digital marketing effective?
Speed of finding information about a product is a very significant factor determining company’s success. The faster a customer receives an access to this information, the more likely one is to place an order. For example, a student needs homework help online. One is more likely to turn to a reputable service with a big name than a little-known organization which has only a poorly designed landing page. That is why a good website and regular Internet advertising are so important for promoting a business.
It was difficult to find information on most products and services before advent of the Internet. Also, companies themselves found it difficult to provide it. They were spending a lot of time and money to reach potential clients. But today, any information can be found in a few seconds on the web. That is why people refuse all other search methods in favor of Internet resources.
Unfortunately, many novice startupers neglect digital marketing and do not consider it important. But exactly Internet advertising saves time for both customers and sellers. So be sure to pay attention to it. You Seen free Courses on Udemy of Digital marketing
It is better to entrust developing a digital marketing strategy to professionals. Of course, almost any PC user can handle publishing adds, goods descriptions, blog articles and other materials on a site, but only an expert can bring profit to a startup using digital marketing.
It is reasonable for large companies to create their own digital marketing departments to work more efficiently. However, maintaining such a department can be quite expensive for a small enterprise. It would be better for novice startupers to use services of special companies developing and implementing businesses strategies on the Internet or try to compile such action plan self-handedly.
What a digital marketing strategy is?
It is noteworthy that there is no single well-established definition of a digital marketing strategy. The following options are the most popular:
- a plan for achieving company’s goals using digital tools;
- the process of identifying, formulating and implementing digital tasks that will give an organization a competitive advantage;
- an answer to the simple question: how can a business benefit using information and technology to increase productivity of a developers’ team?
Choose the most appropriate definition or combine them. In any case, you will come to the conclusion that an effective digital marketing strategy should be based on facts, reliable economic data, reasonable judgments and a pragmatic approach to technology.
Benefits a digital marketing strategy will bring
The need to think through strategy points before listing them on paper will force you to streamline and structure your thoughts, understand what information is missing and what details should be analyzed in order to determine strategic goals more accurately. You will realize your starting position in the market, learn more about potential customers and formulate a unique selling proposition for the online space.
In the future, a digital marketing strategy will bring the following benefits:
- increasing investment pay off, especially when integrating digital marketing with a common corporate strategy;
- increasing sales and customer loyalty;
- creating new, easy-to-use sales channels, at the same time, maintaining efficient and affordable service;
- increasing decision making flexibility.
Guide on creating a digital marketing strategy
Below, you will find step by step instructions on compiling your own digital marketing strategy. It does not claim to be exhaustive but shows a simple and orderly approach to planning company’s activities in a digital sphere.
- Formulate digital strategy goals based on business goals of an entire organization.
- Identify your primary and secondary target demographic.
- Formulate a unique selling proposition.
- Analyze company’s external and internal digital tools and channels, as well as evaluate available but not yet used ones. Formulate goals and objectives for each channel (website, social networks, mobile devices, etc.)
- Determine what content potential customers should receive, analyze a presentation tone, readership, methods and time of information delivery. Your goal is to communicate with people appropriately and efficiently.
- Prioritize tasks based on their urgency and importance, as well as deadlines, budgets, and other available resources.
- Decide how you will check and evaluate results of each step and an overall success of the project.
- If you think that you have finished working on a digital marketing strategy after completing the previous 7 steps, you are mistaken. Analyze each action, find weaknesses and ways to eliminate them.
We hope that this article was useful, you will compile a great strategy for your startup, apply digital tools wisely and realize the boldest business plans.